Cedrin Vera is a bilingual (English/Spanish) and bi-cultural therapist in Florida and Virginia with nearly two decades of working with children, families, and adults. She is dedicated to helping clients find effective ways to deal with stress, trauma, and intense emotions.
Cedrin is committed to helping her clients on their journey to becoming happier and healthier as well as improving their interpersonal relationships and behavioral patterns.
Cedrin’s areas of expertise include: depression, anxiety, sexual abuse, childhood mental health, and working with children and families exposed to traumatic events. She likes to facilitate groups for trauma survivors and work with adult survivors of sexual abuse.
Cedrin provides clinical supervision to Master’s level students as well as clinicians working towards their license.
Some of her training includes:
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Risk Reduction for Families Therapy (RRFT)
- Alternatives for Families – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT)
- CBT for Insomnia
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Play therapy